Below is the Workshop FAQ. New items, or items which have been updated since the last posting are highlighted using *** on either side of the date/location heading. (Remember: You can search for *** to find new entries.) At the bottom is a section with a list of workshop locations.

If you have any items you would like added to the FAQ, please send the information (subject, date, place, teacher, basic cost and contact person) to me, Holly Shaltz, at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Please keep each listing to 10 lines or less. Otherwise I will have to edit, and you may lose something important to you. When I see your submission, I will send you a response acknowledging I got it--if you don't hear back from me, I didn't get it. The FAQ is updated on the first of every month, and is posted on the web at <http://hem.bredband.net/ronpar/WorkshopFAQ.html>

All inquiries about workshops should be sent to the contact person. I have posted all the information I have.

NEW OR UPDATED THIS EDITION:

-- New Zealand once a month
-- Lambing clinic, NH

Special Events by date then state or country

***February 17, 2007, New Hampshire

Lambing Clinic hosted by New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers Association, in Chesham. 3 hours classroom, 3 hours hands-on in the barn, 8:30 am - 3 pm. Cost: $5 non-members/free to members. For more information go to <http://www.yankeeshepherd.com> and check out the Events section, or contact David Kennard, 603 827-3464.

April 12-15, 2007, New Zealand

<http://creativefibre.org.nz/festival/main.htm> Taranaki  the mountain, the province, the people  is proud to be hosting the Creative Fibre Festival from the 12th to the 15th April 2007. Our theme, *'Mountain to Sea  Celebrating Diversity'*, was chosen to reflect not only the many, many facets of our province, but also the extensive number of techniques used by our members when working with a wide range of fibres. Read the rest of the message at <http://creativefibre.org.nz/festival/taranaki/taranaki-welcome.htm> and find oodles of more information on the workshops, lectures, exhibitions and all the various other offerings that people want to know about.

May 11 & 12, Fibrefest International, B.C., Canada

Fibrefest International and Country Life Expo, May 11 & 12, 2007,
Tradex, Abbotsford, B.C., Canada. From fleece to fibre arts and new this year, all aspects of making a country life work for you - country life for pleasure or profit! Demonstrations, Exhibitors, Seminars, Vendors, Workshops, fibre animals on display - Llamas, Alpacas, Goats, Sheep, Rabbits plus a Suri Alpaca and Llama Show. For further information email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or telephone 604-856-0771. For complete event details including workshop registration forms visit <http://www.fibrefestinternational.com>

By Appointment - listings by state

By appointment; any location, Deborah Pulliam:

Workshops scheduled at location of your choice. One- and two-day workshops in a variety of spinning and knitting topics, including Early Shetland Spinning and Knitting, Finding and Looking at Historic Textiles, Deciphering Early Knitting Patterns, Drop and Supported Spindle Spinning, Traditional Fleece for Traditional Techniques (Bosnian crochet, narrowwares, sprang), Evaluating Your Handspun: where to go from here? Deborah Pulliam has been knitting for 40 years, spinning for 30 years, and teaching for 15. For more information, contact me at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or call (207 326 9582).

By Appointment; California

Spinning classes are available at Carol Todd's studio (San Luis Obispo county, CA) on a one-to-one basis. The cost is $10/hour. How to prepare wool for spinning, the spinning process, and how to set the spin are covered. Materials are included in the price of the class.

Weaving classes are available at Carol Todd's studio (San Luis Obispo county, CA) on a one-to-one basis. The cost is $75 for a 2-day class, where you will learn how to calculate the yarns needed for a project, how to prepare a warp, set up a loom, read a draft, and the weaving process itself. Materials are included in the price of the class.

For more information contact Carol at: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or visit her Web site at <http://www.slonet.org/~crowland> and click on the link to Carol's Weaving, Spinning & Natural Dyeing Workshops.

By appointment; California

Spinning classes with Randy Chelsey by the sea along the central California coastal town of Davenport. I've been teaching for over twenty-five years. I offer a four-session beginning spinning series. I'm also happy to design a class around your interests. I've taught classes on wool combing, long draw, spinning for a project, spindle spinning (including Navajo spindle), charka, spinning lace, spinning for weaving, spinning for knitting, angora, cotton, alpaca, silk, mohair, luxury fibers and many many more. Call me, Randy Cheslsey, for more information 831-423-5751.

By appointment; California

Classes in spinning, weaving, and rainbow dyeing at Meridian Jacobs, near Vacaville, California. Check website for class descriptions and scheduled dates. <http://www.meridianjacobs.com> Classes are small, so there is a lot of individual attention. Enjoy the country atmosphere and visit the Jacob sheep as well. Questions are welcome: Robin Lynde, 707-678-5750, <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

By Appointment; Conneticut

Spinning and knitting lessons. All levels of experience welcome. Contact <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reasonable rates, supplies available as well as wheel rentals.

By Appointment; Iowa

Margie Meehan, Tipperary Fiber Studio, Hopkinton, Iowa. A teacher of fiber arts at several Midwest Festivals. Available to teach Felted "Tipperary Bears", Braided Wool Rugs, Wool Roving Baskets, and several other fiber related classes. Please contact 563-926-2573 or email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for prices and information.

By Appointment; Michigan

Spinning, dyeing, knitting, weaving lessons by fiberist Holly Shaltz; private or small group instruction. Located on a small farm in the rolling, wooded hills of northwest lower Michigan, within an easy drive of Lake Michigan, Lake Charlevoix, skiing, golfing, boating, and other non-fiber activities for the rest of the family. Studio site: <http://www.hjsstudio.com>, farm site: <http://www.shaltzfarm.com>. Email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for more information.

By Appointment; New Jersey

Edie Van Valkenburg, Joy Farm. Edie has been teaching spinning for 10 years and breeding Jacob and handspinning flock plus Angora Goats for 20 years. You can reach us at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

By Appointment - Portland, Oregon/Southern Washington:

Learn to needle-felt by creating your own curly fleece critter. Classes scheduled for one to 10 folks, from ages 8 to 800. Prices range from $40/person to $30/person, depending on number in class. My standard classes are for the Curly White Dog, Bearskin Rug, or the Sea Otter, but visit my Web site <http://www.whitedogwoolies.com> for more critter ideas, or tell me what you'd like to make! At the end of a three hour class you go home with the critter, needles, and a foam work pad. For more information, contact Sandoval McNair at at 503.598.0122.

By Appointment; Vermont

Hand spinning lessons and weaving on a triangle loom, private lessons by appointment by Bunny Macaulay, BA Fine Art, Whitingham VT. Please email me: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; be sure to include your name, email & phone & so I can contact you to schedule a lesson. We also offer our VT Maple Triangle Looms, Spinning Equipment, Ewenique Creations.

By Appointment; Virginia

Beginning Spinning. $30 per private session. Hunt Country Yarns, Middleburg, VA. Phone 540-687-5129. Email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Continuing Events

California - Once a Month

Spin-In one Sunday afternoon a month in Davenport at Randy Chelsey's house. Bring your spinning, knitting, crochet, whatever. Here's your chance to spend an entire afternoon doing nothing but what you love best in like company. I'll put on the teapot, you bring the cookies. The date changes, so call Randy at 831-423-5751 or email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for next date.

California - Once a Month

Fresno Weavers and Spinners Guild, second Saturday of the month, 9:30am - 1pm. Contact Barb Hix <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or Sande Francis <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

California - Once a Month

San Diego Knitting Guild, fourth Monday of the month, 1-3 p.m. Eastview Country Club Community Room, Rancho Berbardo section of San Diego, CA. For more information, contact <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

California - Once a Month

Serendipity Spinners, San Jose, California. We meet from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm every third Saturday of the month, usually under the trees unless the weather is inclement. Then we meet in the Hotel. Our meetings are in the Historical Museum of San Jose. All fiber pursuits welcome. It is usually quiet and peaceful. Children are welcome. Bring a lunch or be prepared to buy one. All fiber pursuits welcome. More information - call Chris Wallace at 408/264-8569 or <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

California - Once a Month

Lunatic Fringe, third Monday of the month, 5-9 p.m., potluck, Common Threads, Encinitas, CA (north of San Diego). For more information, contact email to <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

California - Once a Month

North Coast Knitting Guild, first Tuesday of the month, 1-3 p.m., La Colonia Community Center, Solana Beach, CA (just north of San Diego). For more information, contact <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

California - Once a Month

Knit Together, second Saturday of the month, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. All fiber pursuits welcome. Until further notice we are meeting in the northwest corner of Balboa Park, 6th and Upas, San Diego CA. For more information, contact <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]@cts.com>.

Florida - Once a Month

Intercoastal Weavers, first Monday of the month, 9:30 a.m. We meet at Police Station, West Palm Beach, FL. (Okeechobee exit off I-95 past Performing Arts Center and Amtrak station to Rosemary and Clematis.) Hands-on workshops every meeting. No charge except workshop costs if participating. Email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for workshop details.

Massachusetts - Once a Month

Parallel Plyers meet the first Tuesday of each month, 7 pm to 9 pm, mostly spinning. Location: WEBS, Northampton MA. Contact: Diane Roeder <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Michigan - Once a Month

Spinner's Flock meets 10 am to 2 pm, second Saturday monthly in Chelsea at Beach Middle School, just west of Freer Road on Mayer Drive. Spinner's Flock is a group of dedicated fiber artists (200+) committed to improving and teaching the craft of handspinning and using Michigan fibers for all types of clothing and crafts. Visitors of all experience levels welcome and are welcome to join the spinners learning circle or knit, needle felt or just watch, as something will surely pique your interest. info: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Michigan - Once a Month

Monthly Open House, May through October, 1 pm - 5 pm, on the 2nd Saturday of each month at HJS Studio, near Boyne City, Michigan. We might dye fiber, shear sheep, watch the lambs, talk organic gardening, or sit and spin by the fire, depending on season and weather. Dessert and beverages provided. More information or directions, call 231 582 3206; email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. The next date is July 8th.

Michigan - Once a Month

Heritage Spinning and Weaving, Lake Orion, 47 E. Flint Street (3 blocks east of M-24 in the Classic Printers Building), <http://www.heritagespinning.com>, 248-693-3690:

-- Girls Nite In, first Friday of the month, September through June, 7 to 10 pm. An informal working session. Bring any project you are working on (spinning, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, etc.) Skill levels: All. Equipment: Whatever you need to work on your project! Cost: $10 per night (no charge with $50 purchase). Advanced reservations requested, but not required. No cost at all. Dessert provided.

Michigan - Once a Month

9am to Noon, second Saturday of the month. Hosted by Yvonne Uhliahuk at her Mt. Bruce Station (<http://www.sheepstuff.com>), we sit and spin or knit in the Farm Wool Shop during the winter and under the shade trees in the summer. A truly delightful way to connect with fellow spinners and knitters. Skill levels: all. No fee to participate. No reservations required. (Also 248/693-3690; <http://www.heritagespinning.com>)

Michigan - Once a Month

Far Flung Fiber Friends (spinning, knitting) and Lake Charlevoix Area Weavers Guild (weaving) meet monthly in NW lower Michigan. All experience levels, summer people welcome. Call Holly 231 582 3206 or email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for more info.

New Jersey - Once a Month

North Country Spinners is a spinning guild that usually meets on the first Friday of each month (check web site to be sure) from 9:30 am to about 2:00 pm. Our meetings takes place at the Givens-Belet Memorial Hall on Route 521 in Blairstown, NJ, easily accessible from Rt 80 and just south of Route 94. Visitors are welcome. Bring along your lunch and your fiber show and tell. We also sponsor a weekend fiber retreat every two years (even years) where we have well known fiber artists presenting workshops in many areas of the fiber arts. For more information and exact dates of our meetings please check our web site at <http://www.northcountryspinners.org>.

***New Zealand - Once a Month

If you happen to be coming to New Zealand and in particular the Auckland region and would like to meet up with fiber people, catch one of our meetings, join up with a workshop, every 5th Tuesday [except Nov/Jan] there is the Takapuna Spin-in [wheels not needed ]. Email Kay, the office secretary at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Tauranga, New Zealand - weekly, bimonthly

Tauranga Spinners and Weavers meet every Monday from 10.00am at the Arts Centre, Elizabeth St, Tauranga. The Night Spinners group meet on 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 7.00pm at the Arts Centre. All are most welcome to visit us. When in Tauranga visit our Fibre Gallery at the Compass Village 17th Ave. For more information, contact Glynis Poad, <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, phone +64 7 543 3618.

Oregon - Once a Month

Mac Spinners - Yamhill County, Oregon. Open to all interested spinners. An informal time to spin and enjoy the company of other spinners. Meeting the second Monday evening of the month at Alterra Villas Of McMinnville, 775 NE 27th St, (503) 472-3130, in the downstairs lobby, from 7 to 9 PM. Also, the second Tuesday of the month in Sheridan from 10 until Noon. For more information contact Carol at: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Oregon - Once a Month

Klamath Spinners and Weavers Guild, second Tuesday of the month, 10am -noon, excepting July & August. Credit Union Building, 3737 Shasta Way, Klamath Falls, OR. For more information, contact Karla Lockwood 541-545-6263.

Oregon - Once a Month

Northwest Regional Spinner's Assn., Area 6065, Southern Branch, second Saturday of the month, 10am - noon. Klamath County Library, children's section. Come and spin! For more information, contact <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 541-783-2827.

Texas - Once a Month

Update to meeting times for HOT Spinner' and Weaver's Guild, Waco, Texas. Project Meetings are now the 1st Thursday of the month at the RB Hoover Library, Waco at 7-9pm in the LARGE (!) meeting room. Spinning meetings are now the 3rd Monday from 7-9pm at a member's home, TBD. As always, contact BJ Heeke at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for more info.

Vermont - Once a Month

The River Spinners Guild meets the first Thursday of the month from 7-9 pm at the Brattleboro Savings and Loan in Brattleboro, Vermont. Membership in the guild is $20 per year. For information on the guild, folks can email Elizabeth Szczesniak-Johnson at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Workshop Locations

Adams Farm

Every Saturday, 1 pm - 4 pm, Spinning Bee and Knitting Circle workshops. Mini-topic each week - please check our website for weekly topics. Most topics are free, all experience levels are welcome. Adams Farm, 15 Higley Hill Road, Wilmington, VT, 05363, <http://www.adamsfamilyfarm.com> For more information, contact
by email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or phone 802-464-3762

Creative Fibre Web site, Auckland, New Zealand

If you are planning a trip to New Zealand and you would to be linked to a class/workshop/event then either contact me Cathy <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or look at the Creative Fibre Web site <http://www.creativefibre.org.nz>

The Academy of Spinsters

The Academy of Spinsters. We are located in the small town of Encampment, Wyoming. The town is located in a high (7400') mountain valley. The school offers classes in Spinning, Dyeing, and Fleeceweaving. Carol Lee is the owner and instructor, teaching fiber crafts for the past 28 years. Lodging and all material provided in a daily fee of $40. per person. We are available for groups up to 30 persons, with discounted rates applying. Ms. Lee is also available for Workshops, Seminars and SuperSeminars. Contact: Box 731, Encampment, Wyo., 82325 or <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Come on out for a WOOLY WEEKEND or a FIBER VACATION. Classes and Workshops are available also.

The Boll Weaver

Boll Weaver is located in Northern California in the coastal town of Eureka. Owner Crystal Dobbs has been spinning, knitting, dyeing and weaving for over 25 years and loves to share her experience and knowledge. You'll always leaves her classes with all questions answered and the skills to continue on your own.Available at Boll Weaver are classes in beginning knitting and crocheting. Contact Crystal Dobbs via private email at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or call 707-443-8145 M_F 11-6 or SAT 10-4 Pacific Time.

Brigid's Farm

Classes and workshops in our studio/shop located on our farm in Peacham, Vermont. Fall classes include Beginning Knitting, Sock Knitting, Dyeing to Knit, and Introduction to Spinning. A two day Natural Dye Intensive will be held Nov. 22/23. Students will receive a comprehensive dye notebook with instructional materials and approximately 150 dye samples produced in the workshop. Our studio is committed to the fiber arts. Future classes in spinning, knitting, dyeing, weaving, and surface design from beginning to advanced levels. Classes are taught by Jane Woodhouse as well as visiting artists. For more information <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or call 802-592-3062.

Countrywool

A wide selection of spinning and knitting workshops this year, including Wool to Wear and Shearing Rabbits. Go to <http://www.countrywool.tripod.com/classes.htm> for full information. Also, Rip Van Winkle Spinning Retreat and Rip Van Winkle Knitting Retreat, <http://www.countrywool.tripod.com/retreats/rpsp_f5.htm>.

Heritage Spinning and Weaving

47 East Flint Street, Lake Orion, MI USA 48362
"Exploring Victorian Knitting" hands-on workshop with Deborah Pulliam. Using original patterns, we'll look at how to decipher them and adapt them for contemporary use. Three patterns/projects available. Tuesday, October 3, 9 am - 4 pm "Finding and Examining Historic Textiles" seminar with Deborah Pulliam. How to find and gain access to textiles for studying, and how to examine them when you find them. Wednesday, October 4, 9 am - 4 pm For more information, call (248) 693-3690 or email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. The website is <http://www.heritagespinning.com>

Hillcreek Fiber Studio

Hillcreek Fiber Studio, 7001 Hillcreek Road, Columbia, MO 65203. Phone 1-800-874-9328 (TRI-WEAV); web <http://www.hillcreekfiberstudio.com>. For further info contact Carol Leigh Brack-Kaiser, owner/instructor, MA in Textiles and 20+ years of fiber experience <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Weekend and longer classes offered throughout the year in spinning, natural dyeing, and weaving of various forms, including four and more-shaft weaving, tartans, Navajo, Triangle weaving, knitting and more. Hot lunches provided. Bed & breakfast and airport shuttle from St.Louis and Kansas City. Equipment available for rent. All materials, supplies and books are available through HFS. See <http://www.hillcreekfiberstudio.com/Workshops.html> for 2005 workshop listings.

Hope Hill Farm

36 Little Mingo Rd.; Finleyville, PA 15332; <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Classes in spinning, weaving, dyeing, knitting, weaving, and felting. Contact us for the current class schedule. We are 20 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA.

Knit Wit Shop Knitting Retreats

All retreats held at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. For more information, contact Knit Wit Shop, Byron St., Smethport, PA. 16749 or e-mail at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

The Legacy Farm

How to prepare wool for spinning, the process from raw fleece to yarn.
Private and small group instruction  in our fiber studio for spinning,
dyeing, weaving, wet felting, needle felting, and Circular Sock Knitting
Machines by Katy Abbas. All materials included with the class. We are
located in the beautiful heartland of NE Iowa just 2 miles outside of New Hampton. Our farm is on a paved road and only minutes away from Hwy 63 and 18. Just a 10 minute drive to golf courses, mini golf, swimming pools, restaurants, nice motels, museums, and historic sites for our non fiber friends and family. By appointment and schedule. 641-394-3627 or visit our website <http://www.thelegacyfarm.com>

Northwest Handspun Yarns

Classes for small groups (2-5 individuals) held in Lynden or Bellingham, WA. All materials, equipment, patterns, and handouts provided. Classes include Spinning on a Wheel ($50), Spindle Spinning ($12), Beginning Knitting ($40), Knitting Socks ($30), Spinning Exotic Fibers ($35). Contact Nancy via email at <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or call 360-398-1402 for scheduling information.

Springsberry Farm

Classes and workshops in our studio/shop located on our farm near Gettysburg, PA. Winter classes include Beginning Knitting, beginning Sock Knitting, Introduction to Circular Sockknitting Machines, and Introduction to Spinning. Other customized classes available on request, including The Modern Day Shepherd/ess ---shepherd's workshops for fibercritters ranging from the mundane to the exotic. For more information <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or call 717-398-9317 9pm-10pm weeknights, Saturday and Sundays, from 8:30 am -9:30 pm. Retail shop hours currently by appointment only.

Twist Fibre Craft Studio

We have a small fibre studio here in Newburgh in Fife, Scotland. We teach workshops as well as sell supplies. Laura and Peter Beaven Twist Fibre Craft Studio Fife, Scotland Workshops, equipment and supplies Spinning, natural dyeing, felt making, weaving and knitting. Visit us on the web at <http://www.twistfibrecraft.co.uk> or email <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Webs

All courses and workshops meet at Webs, Service Center Rd., P.O. Box 147, Northampton, MA 01061. There is a fee for all courses and workshops and advance registration is required. A course brochure is available. Phone: 413/584-2225; 800/FOR-WEBS; fax 413/584-1603; email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Web site <http://www.yarn.com>

Woodland Woolworks

Woodland Woolworks is located about 35 miles southwest of Portland, Oregon, in the center of Oregon's Wine Country. Woodland Woolworks is a retail store and mail order supplier of yarns, fibers, books, videos, tools, equipment and classes. We help knitters, spinners, weavers and felters enjoy their craft! Web site: <http://www.woodlandwoolworks.com>

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail