>One is my free one- line complete copy of The Sheep Book  which can
>read or download at http://hem.bredband.net/ronpar/tsb.html

O thanks, Ron.
I have 2 copies already, hard bound and paperback, but an online updated
reference is wonderful.

I am down to just 6 sheep and 2 horses now.  Which is more in keeping with
the pasture and hay field situation.  It is nice not buying hay and not
having to constantly reconfigure electric fenceing (I have been using
Premiers mesh electric fence for 7 years now, they are begining to get a bit
tattered but still do the job)

For those who knew me as a fiber source~  I got tired of fighting to keep
fleeces covered.  My flock is still primarily corriedale but all have at
least some moorit RomandaleX Merino genetics from a ram I got from Foothill
Farms.  The next ram was another corriedale from Washington state with
excellent feet and fleece.  The current ram is another from Foothill Farms,
a Blue Face Leistershire X Romandale/Merino.  This is what happens when you
help shearing at friends, you leave with either a fleece or a sheep.

As soon as I finish this spinning job for my mother I have a bunch to do for
myself.  Holly here once talked of a sweater that I remember being knit
sideways with garter stitch.  This has intrigued me for years now because it
would stretch and shrink sideways as I tend to do.  Then I learned about Bog
Shirts.  So I am intending to knit in multicolors in garter stitch a large
square with which to make me a short sleeved tunic length vertical garter
striped sweater.
Any day now.......

cheers,
Turan where it is abnormally warm and the ground has thawed and the snow
pack is at 50% of normal.

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail