Hi all.
        Just a little bragging:  I made my first handwoven jacket!  I wove a long
strip of tabby on my rigid heddle-loom, with a multicolored warp (reds,
yellows, oranges, bit of chartreuse and fuschia) and a striped weft that
progresses from chartreuse to dark purply red and back.  It's a simple boxy
jacket, with dropped sleeves (rectangles).  The body is made of two strips
sewn together at the back, and I cut out a teardrop for the neck.  I sewed
all the cut edges with some nifty stitch on my new sewing machine and
knitted on i-cord along the front edges and neck and along the cuffs.  I am
very proud of myself, but of course even though the low was in the 20s the
day I finished it, it's going to be in the 80s for the next several days,
so who knows when I'll get to wear it.
        In other news, the blue koolaid I couldn't remember the name of is blue
moon berry.  Possible the best blue koolaid ever.

Jekka
Jessica Sewell
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Art History
Binghamton University
Vestal Parkway East
Binghamton, NY 13902
(607)777-2373
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail