Hi Fibernetters,

I'm fondling some special naturally colored roving from falklandwool.com,
planning a Ron Schweitzer Fair Isle in my mind, and I started to wonder,
what exactly is "Falkland wool"?  I see a lot of people advertising it,
something called "Falkland roving" shows up frequently on ebay, etc.  I got
mine from Rosemary W., but surely there is more than one fiber producing
farm in the Falklands?

(Rosemary, are you on this list?  Can you clarify?)

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the roving that Rosemary
produces is made from half or quarterbred merinos - is this some kind of
special breed different from, say, a Corriedale, Polwarth, or some other
part-Merino animal?  I mean, what makes Falkland wool different from, say,
American wool?

Confused,
-j.

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail