>You may already be doing this.  If not, try it.   Thin down each of the
>rovings by splitting and/or predrafting down close to the size of the final
>yarn.   Then take the 2 rovings and predraft them together so that they are
>close to the final size of the yarn.

Right, I tried doing this (didn't mention I was stripping the roving down
in my first post).  The roving falls apart if it's too thin, unfortunately
- short cotton fibers and all.  I'm going to try predrafting and putting in
just a skosh of twist.  I sort of expected that the half wool or half silk
would hold it together, but that's not the case.  I'm also picking out the
dreaded VM.  I wish New World Textiles would process their cotton just a
*little* more.

I was spinning this on a handspindle last night, doing a
park-and-long-draw.  I'll try again on a wheel and see if I can't get the
stuff to draft together a little better.  Because the half silk one is a
tussah blend, it has a different color than the half wool - and therefore
makes it easy to see how the drafting shifts from one to the other, etc.

Haneke makes a yarn that is Merino/Pima/Silk (20/65/15), I've written to
ask if they carry that at all in an unspun form.  It was, surprisingly, the
only *yarn* I could find that had all three fibers in it.  Too bad it's not
the weight I was hoping for!  It's also a little pricey...

-j.
PS Fantasy Fibers does not appear to sell anything cottony.

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail