Hi Kate,

>Are the handcards and drumcarder a super fine cloth?  Cotton needs a very
>very fine card cloth to card well.

The handcards are cotton carders from Strauchfiber.com .  I believe they are
255 ppi.  The drum carder is also a Strauch creation at 128 ppi.  I spent
more time attempting to drumcard, and I think I may have the drums set too
far apart, as I was getting cotton to stay on the Slicker-licker, instead of
moving onto the main drum.  I did try the wool layer first, followed by
cotton, and then more wool, as you suggested - but it still did not blend
well.

I'm going to have another go with the handcards.

-j.

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail