Another possible solution is to have one pair of single-focus glasses for close work. My mom had bifocals and had a separate pair of glasses she wore to play the piano, so she could read the music without having to tilt her head all over. They were useful for the computer too.

Jessica

I recently joined the bifocle club, and wonder if more experienced
members can tell me whether it's to be expected that close-up work
requires taking off the glasses--something I didn't have to do before
this new prescription.  It seems a little strange, but I can't focus on
the cloth close enough to see where to cut and stitch with the glasses
--
Jessica Ellen Sewell
Assistant Professor/Faculty Fellow, The City

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail