--- Jane Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  My goal is to
> have folks get
> their samples home without loosing the information
> on the formula.

I've seen those long sample cards with holes along the
side - if they number the holes and then match it up
with a numbered formula sheet, that might go faster?

> I once tried slide protector pages.  We put a sample
> in each pocket
> with a key as to what was what.  they worked fine
> but the samples
> wanted to pop out.

Are you dyeing fleece or yarn?  I've used embroidery
floss flat cardboard spools, write on it, wind the
yarn around it, and it stays put just fine.  I tend to
be using fairly thin yarn, though.  It's flat and
doesn't fall out.  Maybe if you put in less stuff per
pocket, it would work?

Alternatively, there are photo albums with wide flat
pockets...  Probably there is the beading equivalent
of a fishing box - many compartments, but shallow,
with a lid?

June

=====
why i knit: what else would i do with all these long pointy sticks
Fiber Blog: http://twosheep.livejournal.com