I can attest to the both the efficacy and the danger of using dry ice.
I have used it successfully for a number of years due in large part to
the information I learned on this list.  However I did make a
potentially dangerous mistake a year ago or so.  I live in northern New
Mexico and at that time I was 30 minutes from a source of dry ice (I'm
now 60 minutes away <G>).  So I got a couple of 55 gal plastic drums
with lids that have metal collars that clamp to keep them on, put them
in the back of my truck full of the questionable fleece and off I went
to get the dry ice.  After tucking the dry ice in with the fleece and
not wanting to have the lids blow off and lose all of my wonderful
fleece, without thinking I tightened the clamps then I forgot about
them and drove home.  About 20 or 30 minutes after arriving I was in my
kitchen and heard a very loud bang!  It sounded like someone had shot
off a cannon, I kid you not!!!!  Very alarmed I looked outside only to
see our front yard COVERED with white fleece!!!  The pressure had built
up blowing the lid completely off (despite the clamp) and sending clean
fleece everywhere!  I was just grateful that the lid blew away from the
house and that no one was near it when it went!  Needless to say I
learned my lesson.

I've also used very hot water but only for small amounts of fiber.  The
dry ice is the best thing when there's a whole fleece involved.

Katy Blanchard
Urban Eagle Design
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Youngsville, New Mexico

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail