--- "Grace L. Judson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Meanwhile, as a confirmed sock-knitter-aholic, I can
> say that I have NEVER
> had a problem with superwash sock yarn
> felting/fulling.

I haven't, either, and I must have socks that are 6
years old that always go through several washes a
month.

> some are better than others.  June, I wonder if the
> yarn your friend used
> was perhaps NOT superwash???

Well, she said it was Wildfoote by Brown Sheep. (I've
only used WF once and gave the socks away, so I don't
have any personal experience with that brand.) She
followed up with a phone call to the company and was
told they had no idea what happened, suggested she had
"altered" the product somehow. That is why I wonder if
the steam from setting the dyes and warm-water washes
melted away the resin...? A far stretch, I know.

Thanks to all for your thoughts,
June

--
Twosheep Blog: http://www.twosheep.com/blog
Twosheep Handspun Yarn: http://www.twosheep.com/yarn

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail