> If I use Stove's spinning approach, the tips will
> come off. If I comb, do
> I need to take them off? (I've heard yes and no. The
> golden colour would
> be welcome in the yarn.)

I like to "precard" locks before lashing them onto the
comb. The tips will come off at that stage. It makes
the combing go by much faster, and there's less
combing waste b/c you got rid of most of the bad stuff
during the precard.

> If the locks are dry, is there anything I can do to
> replace some lost
> lanolin...or do I even need to worry about that?

A spritz of water mixed with a dollop of hair
conditioner ought to help alleviate dryness.

> Anything else I should be thinking about?
> Suggestions? Cautions?

June

--
Twosheep Blog: http://www.twosheep.com/blog
Twosheep Handspun Yarn: http://www.twosheep.com/yarn

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail