> Oh good grief, you're right!
>
> I was thinking (of course) of agricultural lime - which is used to
> neutralise acidic soil.  Isn't English a great language ;( ?
>
> Gwen

yes it's a wonderful language when everyone is talking about the same thing,
in the same place, at the same time! Then there is all the localised slang
thrown in for good measure which can confuse things even more......Lime
means so many things and as you/I/we have seen it's both a fruit, a fertiser
and of course it's a colour :-) ....Lemon on the otherhand has drink, colour
and here in NZ you can buy a car that  could turn out to be a lemon!

Cathy
who is not studying literature because similar mis-understanding can happen
or in my case I'm much older than the average lecturer sooooooo I see things
slightly differently much of time!