Sara, thanks for posting that link - I found it fascinating!   Something to
brag about, indeed!
Now where did I leave that piece of boardy fiber that came off my loom about 2
years ago?............. hmmmmmm

Susan in Maine
http://www.elegantknitter.com
In 2008 I received a request from a Classics professor at UW Green Bay for
linen as it would have been made in ancient Greece.
I just happened to have 4 yards left from an earlier order for painters'
canvas - 45" wide densely woven plain weave in natural. The professor bought
all of it to experiment with linothorax or armor made of layers of linen
glued together.
Tonight on the 10pm news, there was a report of the results - showing a
student receiving an arrow in the armor and not getting a scratch!
Here's a link to the project:
http://www.uwgb.edu/aldreteg/Linothorax.html

Have fun with this - at least I now know that if it doesn't look good as a
tablecloth, it might make good armor!

Sara von Tresckow, Fond du Lac, WI
sa...@powercom.net