At 3:18 PM -0400 9/18/02, Susan Lackman wrote:
>This is probably a "duh" questions, but -
>
>I wrote something for wind ensemble, and the score features very small
>staves.  There's a lot of space at the top and bottom of an 8-1/2 x 11
>sheet, but I don't know how to spread the score out.  Ideally I could do
>something like what happens when one takes a photo and resizes the photo
>by dragging.  Right now the print looks like a miniature score, and
>there's space enough - especially if I use 14" paper, to have a page
>where the staves are almost the size of the full-size individual part
>staff.  I had a notion that if agreed to 4 measures per system, that
>might help, but . . .
>
>Am I making any sense?

This is not a "duh", and many smart people have banged their heads
against the wall trying to figure out Finale's page layout.

What I think you want is the percentage tool (looks like %). If you
click on a page, the whole page (or series of pages) is resized. If
you click on a staff, that staff is resized. If you click in between
staves in the same system (THIS is what you want!) then the whole
system (or series of systems) gets resized. When the dialogue box
shows up, try out a number that's bigger than what they show is the
current percentage, and see what the result is. You may want to
reflow measures afterward (select all with the Mass Mover, then hit
command-U on the Mac, might be control-U on the PC) to prevent
crowding.