At 11:11 AM 8/6/2003, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:
>This really is me talking, for some reason my emailer thinks it's a quote:
>>I prefer "2nd X only" rather than "2x only", as it won't be confused
>>with "Two times only", and "Tacet 1st X" is a negative, which seems
>>to take more brain power to process.

Yes, that seems to be the consensus, and it makes perfect sense.

Now for the followup: An instrument is tacet the first time through but actually begins playing in the pickup to the repeat -- that is, in the first ending. Is the indication 'Play' over the pickup notes the usual way of indicating this?

Thanks,
Aaron.