Hello there,

please keep in mind that Coda does offer great things in order to appease
their critics:

- they allow two installations and make them definitely
  legal and approved! That's pretty cool I think, and
  fairly unique. Both installations are fully functional.

- second platform disk for just $50 which enabled you
  to have your legal second installation on the other
  platform (Mac / Windows). This offer is a side effect
  of the software activation policy. They want everybody
  to benefit from the 2 legal installations, so they make
  it cheaper for cross-platform users than before

- they allow 30 days before you need to activate Finale.
  Compare this to the 5 days or so with Sibelius (at least
  that's what it was when I tried it). So, if there are any
  problems at all, you have ample time to clear the matter up
  with Coda.

The worst case discussed here is pretty unlikely:
- if Coda is bought, no matter by whom, the buyer has totally
  clear and definite legal obligation to continue issuing
  activation codes
- if Coda goes bankrupt and there is no legal successor, somebody
  is still going to "own" the Finale source code. And I do believe
  that the commitment of Finale developers is so strong that they
  will continue have some say and not just leave, even if they're
  asked to.
- if Finale really becomes unusable, we will find a way!!
  Trust me ...

Cheers,
Tobias