Could you please elaborate? What is the worm that you claim is embedded in the PACE system, what does it do, and how would it work if we have antivirus software on our system? Wouldn't current AV software catch/kill the worm on our machines?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In the back-and-forth about the appropriateness of adding a copy-protection scheme to Finale, the discussion of the PACE system and its worm dropped through the cracks.

It would seem to be a prerequisite to further discussion to know--from the people who actually wrote the code, not some second-hand opinion--whether or not the PACE system was used in the construction of the challenge/response encoding, and whether it still contains a worm. Until we have that answer in definitive form, common sense would dictate that no one should be loading Fin2k4 onto their computer, no matter what their opinions are about the other issues.

David Lawrence ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]