At 08:17 AM 9/16/03 -0700, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
>On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 06:59  AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz
>wrote:
>
>> Our Kalvos & Damian pages have Google ads served based on page content.
>> Javier Ruiz was perplexed to find some particular ads on our "Golden
>> Bruce
>> Award" page. See the Notice Board at http://kalvos.org/ for a pix.
>
>Even more interestingly... Though I didn't think to take a screenshot,
>a couple of days ago I found it serving SIBELIUS ads!

Yes, it looks like Makemusic has missed the boat on Google ads. We have
about 1,100 pages on K&D, and a large fraction get served Sibelius ads. Not
our doing -- Google serves ads based on the page content from the
advertisers that participate in the program. Sibelius is very active in
marketing, all the right niches. Sibelius even got adopted here in Vermont
over Finale because Sibelius was marketing and Finale was simply absent.

Finale has follow-through problems, though. Two years ago, when we had our
huge Ought-One Festival, Finale promised to help out by providing several
copies for us to sell or give away for promotion. We listed them in the
program as a sponsor, but the never came through and didn't even answer
mail about it.

Finale's been so big for so long that I don't think they realize the threat
isn't from its users (whom they abuse with copy protection now), but from
its own miserable marketing and followup.

Dennis