At 05:54 PM 2/15/04 -0600, Randolph Peters wrote:
>1) They crack or break more easily than other binding methods.

This is important. I never use comb bindings anymore because the
plasticizer deteriorates and they crack. I have books and scores no more
than 10 years old where the combs will not flex at all. The plastic combs
shatter and begin to shed parts. Then they catch on turns, rip pages, and
generally make a mess.

My parts are always saddle-stitched by Frog Peak. For scores that can't be
saddle-stitched, I use the plastic wire binders at the local Mailboxes Etc.
I don't know the lifespan of these yet, though. They might be as bad as the
combs.

Since my material is also available online, for those who seem to think
downloading and copying parts is more economical, I let them figure out how
to print & bind them. By gosh, Frog Peak shortly gets orders. :)

Dennis