As a long time user of Finale (since 1.0) I have to register my EXTREME
disappointment and displeasure that EPS export for the new Mac 2004 is
delayed again. Many of us long-time and professional users (and teachers
who introduce our students to Finale) rely on EPS export. For me (as all of
the above), the disappointment is crushing. It has caused me to
dramatically change my working style while keeping things with current
projects on hold while I wait AND WAIT for EPS.

I upgraded to 2004 when it was announced, and did so in good faith,
expecting first that you would meet your release deadline (you missed two),
and then that you would be good to your word that EPS export would follow in
an update (we're up to two upgrades now without an EPS fix).

This, along with substantial speed problems (especially with smart shapes
and special tools), and glitches in the way smart slurs are drawn when
accommodating staccati, and crashes when applying articulations too quickly
-- all of this has me reconsidering my relationship with Finale. For the
first 16 years of my being a Mac-Finale user, there have been no real
options. Now there are. I would hate to have to switch to Sibelius. I am
not alone in saying that I am considering this now for the first time.

All of this is a crying shame, since, in many ways, Finale 2004 is the best
version of Finale yet produced. I do like using it, generally speaking --
but every time I have to work around one of the program shortcomings I
mentioned above, especially when these workarounds cost me time, I feel
cheated by you. Finale 2004 for Mac feels and acts like a beta version.
PLEASE GET THESE THINGS FIXED AS SOON AS YOU CAN. It is clearly in Finale's
long-term survival interest that you address these issues NOW.

David Froom

Underwritten by

Giovanni Andreani - Italy, your registered customer since Finale 2001 for
Mac
Éric Dussault - Canada, registered since FinWin 97 and Mac since 2001
Hans Swinnen - Belgium, reg since FinMac 1.0
Jon Kristinn Cortez - Iceland, registred since FinMac 2.0.6
Tim Thompson - Florida, registered since FinMac 3.0