Darcy James Argue wrote:

Because native OS X performance of Finale 2004 is so abysmal -- even compared to, for example, Finale 2003 in Classic. If there were a separate app for Fin2004 for OS 9, and it ran at roughly the same speed as Finale 2003, it might conceivably be faster to run it in the Classic environment, instead of running the native Fin2004, which is (as I believe I mentioned) painfully, painfully slow. Of course, it would be much faster to just boot into OS 9, but not everyone has a computer that can boot OS 9.

You know, I have a 933Mhz G4 and a 450Mhz G4. I don't have issues at all on my 933 G4. On the 450 one, yeah, a couple of things are slower. But, G4 upgrade cards are cheap. If you find yourself bitching a lot about speed, get one. And lots of memory.