Hi:

I tried posting a while back about installing gnome when I had KDE but
got no direct response.  Some mail after that mentioned the
libgif and libungif problem I had.  A later message said it was fixed.
I haven't retried that but I have a more theoretical question:

Can I run both gnome and kde by switching back and forth?
I'd like to learn about both systems to update my skills but don't
want to trash one by loading the other.

I run OpenOffice on Xfree by
mv .xinitrc xinitrc
when I've been running KDE and mv it back to .xinitrc to get back to KDE.

Anyone know any reason I couldn't do something like that
with gnome and kde?  Are there any dependencies that would
conflict with (i.e. gnome requires ghostxxx but gnome has to have
ghostxxx+1 but the fink or apt or one of these programs won't
allow me to have both on my system?)

I probably can't have them both running at once, but I would be happy
switching back and forth if someone could tell me how...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jerry