Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 15:18:24 +0000
From: Mark Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Fink-beginners] WidnowMaker and Nessus

I am trying to get the above packages through fink.

The following package will be installed or updated:
  windowmaker
The following 12 additional packages will be installed:
  giflib giflib-bin giflib-shlibs libjpeg libjpeg-bin libjpeg-shlibs
libpng
  libpng-shlibs libtiff libtiff-bin libtiff-shlibs windowmaker-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
curl -f -L -P - -O
ftp://ftp.uunet.de/pub/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz
curl: (30) Server does not grok PORT, try without it!
### execution of curl failed, exit code 30
Downloading the file "jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz" failed.

(1)  Give up
(2)  Retry

How do you want to proceed? [2]

Is the error I get for these packages constantly from all mirrors.

I installed zsh ok so I assume my installation is ok.

Ideas?

Mark Smith  (G4 466 Mac OS 10.2)

I do not know what "grok PORT" means. Anybody?

But what I do, is to download an unwilling *.tar.gz
into /sw/src, go into /sw/src and say fink install xyz there.
Has worked for me in the case of tree and lynx.

Greetings
Heinz