That probably means that in your attempts to install and uninstall,
you've removed the file, or your PATH isn't set up.

1)  Do you have /usr/X11R6/bin/startx on your system?

2a)  If not, what method did you last use to install XFree86?

2b)  If you do have startx, what do you get from running "printenv
PATH"?

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 13:00, Greg wrote:
> I typed in startx -- -fullscreen and got the following, again:
>
> startx: Command not found.
>
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:44:03 -0400, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> > This is what it says:  it looks like you just used "startx";  you need
> > to use one of
> >
> > startx -- -rootless
> > startx -- -fullscreen
> > startx -- -quartz

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University, visiting MIT PSFC
Levitated Dipole Experiment
http://www.psfc.mit.edu/LDX