Scott T. McAllister wrote:
I wrote a bash script that uses the 'lynx -dump' command or 'wget --spider' command (i've tried both) to request a web page and then the script opens an application. The purpose is to simply request a particular web page and open an application. When i run the script from the command line everything works perfectly. But, when I package the script with Platypus or even try an AppleScript 'do shell script' command I receive an error that tells me that the lynx (or wget) command can not be found.

This is a PATH problem: For lynx to be found when called as "lynx", you need the rest of its fulle name "/sw/bin/lynx", namely "/sw/bin" to be in the PATH environment variable. So either call it as "/sw/bin/lynx" or make sure that the environment in which your command runs has a PATH that contains /sw/bin. A standard way to get a decent environment in which fink-installed commands will be found is to run ". /sw/bin/init.sh" or, for csh type shells, "source /sw/bin/init.csh" in your script before you call "lynx".

--
Martin