Martin Costabel escribió:
> Ramiro Téllez Sanz wrote:
> []
>> # Panther or Tiger only. On Leopard, use app_to_run in
>> org.x.X11.plist instead.
>> #case "`/usr/bin/uname -r`" in
>> #7*|8*)
>> #    if test -x "$x_bindir/xterm"; then
>> #       termcmd="$x_bindir/xterm"
>> #    else
>> #       termcmd="xterm"
>> #    fi
>> #    $termcmd &
>> #    ;;
>> #esac
>
> You have the Fink xinitrc package installed, right?
> In this case, you have a directory /sw/etc/xinitrc.d/ which contains
> scripts that are executed at X11 startup. Have a look at 73apps.sh,
> this may start an xterm for you. Remove it if you don't want it.
Thanks for your help, Martin. It worked like a charm. I added the suffix
.bak to its filename and removed the execution flags.

But a question comes to my mind: if the fink xinitrc package (which was
installed as a dependency) is configured in such a way that it looks for
scripts in a directory, why does the xinitrc file it provides contain
code to duplicate what a separate script does? I find it confusing and,
whenever possible, the FAQ should be updated. I found no mention
whatsoever to this new way of configuring X11 launching in the official
documentation (Running X11 - 4. Starting X11).

On the other hand, I must confess I really like the new way :) It allows
for modularity and flexibility. I have completely removed my ~/.xinitrc
now, since fink is doing a magnificent job bringing me X11 as I want it.
Keep up the good work!!

Ramiro.