>From the fink home page:

http://fink.thetis.ig42.org/index.php?phpLang=en

I want to learn about available packages so in the 'Sections' on the left
I click on 'Packages'  to get to

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/index.php?phpLang=en

This does not respond for a long time and then gives:

------

ERROR

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/index.php?

    Read Error

The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry
your request.

Generated Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:07:27 GMT

------

Looks like the website is broken?

Also, I had trouble listing wget:

fink list wget

for a while, but it seem ok now:

% fink list wget
Information about 7749 packages read in 2 seconds.
 p   gnu-wget                      [virtual package]
 i   wget             1.14-2       Automatic web site retriever (SSL)
     wget-gnutls      1.14-2       Automatic web site retriever (SSL)
     wget-gnutls-idn  1.14-2       Automatic web site retriever (SSL)
     wget-idn         1.14-2       Automatic web site retriever (SSL)

Was there a problem with that or was it just that I didn't have fink
fully installed yet?

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schne...@mail.nih.gov
  http://schneider.ncifcrf.gov/(current link)