On 2/14/14 11:29 AM, A User wrote:
> Current paths on the web for 10.3 binary packages no longer match the
> old sources.list.
>

> Background:
>
> I am running fink 0.7.2 for OS X 10.3 (please no laughing!).  Fink
> used to work on this Mac, but things are now broken. I am interested
> solely in installing binary packages (no compilations, no Xcode), and
> as an example want to execute:
>
> fink -b install wget
>
> and I get the following when I run as root:
>
> Computer:/Users/LTM root# /sw/bin/init.sh
> Computer:/Users/LTM root# fink -b install wget
> /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/cc1plus is not executable!
> Information about 2135 packages read in 7 seconds.
> The following package will be installed or updated:
>   wget
> /sw/bin/apt-get -q --ignore-breakage --download-only install wget=1.8.2-2
> /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/cc1plus is not executable!
> Reading Package Lists...
> Building Dependency Tree...
>    wget
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7  not upgraded.
> Need to get 345kB of archives. After unpacking 1249kB will be used.
> Err http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.3/release/main wget 1.8.2-2
>    404 Not Found
> Failed to fetch
> http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/bindist/dists/fink-0.7.2/main/binary-darwin-powerpc//web/wget_1.8.2-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
>   404 Not Found
> E: Some files failed to download
> ### execution of /sw/bin/apt-get failed, exit code 100
> Failed: Downloading the binary package 'wget_1.8.2-2_darwin-powerpc.deb'
> failed.
>
> I get a similar display when trying apt-get install wget.
>
> It turns out that the real .deb files are in
>
> http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.3/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/web/
>
> and souces.list has
>
> # Official binary distribution: download location for packages
> # from the latest release
> deb http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/bindist 10.3/release main crypto
>
> # Official binary distribution: download location for updated
> # packages built between releases
> deb http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/bindist 10.3/current main crypto
>
> Additionally these names are shown in the folder /sw/var/lib/apt/lists
>
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_current_crypto_binary-darwin-powerpc_Packages
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_current_crypto_binary-darwin-powerpc_Release
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_current_main_binary-darwin-powerpc_Packages
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_current_main_binary-darwin-powerpc_Release
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_release_crypto_binary-darwin-powerpc_Packages
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_release_crypto_binary-darwin-powerpc_Release
> bindist.finkmirrors.net_bindist_dists_10.3_release_main_binary-darwin-powerpc_Packages
> [...]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
<jk>

bindist.finkmirrors.net is on a different machine than previously, and
the old directory structure didn't get preserved for some reason.

Try:

deb http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.3 stable main
deb http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.3 stable crypto
deb http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.3 current main
deb http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.3 current crypto

You will probably want to modify /sw/lib/fink/mirror/apt to have

Primary: http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.3
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison