On 3/13/14, 7:26 AM, Howard A. Landman wrote:
>>    find /sw/lib -name *.dylib | xargs otool -L | grep /usr/local \
>> | grep : | cut -d: -f1 | xargs dpkg -S | sort | uniq
>
> That died the first time I tried it because /sw/lib/libparpack.dylib was a
> broken symbolic link to (the non-existent) arpack-ng/libparpack.dylib.  I
> manually deleted that.  Then, the command finished, but returned nothing.
>
> The find produces 363 lines of output, and xargs otool produces 1662 lines
> of output, but the "grep /usr/local" output is empty because the string
> "local" does not appear anywhere.  Shortening the search string to "/usr"
> leaves 511 lines, but there are no colons.  I finally settled on: "find
> /sw/lib -name '*.dylib' | xargs otool -L | grep /usr | perl -e
> 'while(<>){@l=split(" ",$_);print "$l[0]\n"}' | sort | uniq" to get the
> list, which contains 13 files:
>
> /usr/X11/lib/libGL.1.dylib
> /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
> /usr/X11/lib/libXext.6.dylib
> /usr/X11/lib/libXpm.4.dylib
> /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.dylib
> /usr/X11/lib/libXrender.1.dylib
> /usr/X11/lib/libXxf86vm.1.dylib
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
> /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
>
> but dpkg simply says "not found" for each of them.  I'm pretty sure dpkg
> is working properly, because "dpkg -S dylib" produces 365 lines of output,
> but "dpkg -S libGL" gives error "dpkg: *libGL* not found." and produces no
> output.
>
>      Howard

dpkg doesn't know about non-Fink items, and those are all from the
system-provided X11 or base libraries.  This is as it should be.

Another place to look for /usr/local would be in .la and .pc files,
which encode build information to be passed on to other packages:

find /sw/lib -name *.pc -o -name *.la | xargs grep -l /usr/local

If you get anything from that, use "dpkg -S" on the file(s) as before.

Oh, and thanks for the reminder: arpack-ng changed their build process
and it needs a little tweak so that the symlink isn't created when it's
not appropriate.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison