Hello,

I posted this question on the octave list and it was suggested I ask the
fink list instead:

I had octave 3.0.5 on my Mac (OS X 10.6), then I did an update to 10.9,
updated Fink, and then ran
"fink install octave"
to get the latest version.

I didn't remove my /sw/ directory, so Fink made an /sw2/ and put everything
there. ($PATH now begins with /sw2/bin:/sw2/sbin .... )

When I type "octave" into a terminal, it still runs 3.0.5. I looked in
/sw2/bin and did not find anything related to octave (in contrast to this,
in /sw/bin there is octave-3.0.5, octave-config, and some others). I'm
wondering if this means that the install didn't work properly, and maybe I
should see octave-3.6.4 in my /sw2/bin directory.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to install fink and/or octave
again?

Thanks,
Tim