> On Nov 7, 2016, at 09:00, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 5, 2016, at 05:33, Christoph Bruder <christoph.bru...@unibas.ch>
>> wrote:
>>
>> xfig 3.2.6 lets me draw a figure, but when I click e.g. the "save as"
>> window I cannot type into the field "Filename" (and similar fields).
>>

>> fink --version
>> Package manager version: 0.41.0
>> Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Sat Nov  5 12:01:14 2016, 10.9,
>> x86_64
>> Trees: local/main stable/main
>>
>> XQuartz 2.7.11 (xorg-server 1.18.4)
>>
>> Many thanks for your help!
>>
>> Christoph
>>

> Confirmed here.  We’ll need to figure this out.
>
> --
> Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
> Fink User Liaison

Before anybody chimes in, this appears to be not directly related to the issues
that we’ve been having with libXt, since I see the same thing using test
packaging that forces XQuartz’s libXt.

And before anybody chimes in about Macports, they’re using an older version of
Xfig, as is Homebrew.

I’ve got a slightly unpleasant workaround for the time being, however:

1)  Type your filename into another window, like a Terminal window, select, and
copy it.
2)  Option-click or middle-click in the Filename field, and your file name will
be pasted in.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison