On 10/12/16 21:15, Schneider wrote:
[]
> In this case there were 376556 lines of output from fink and the
> message above was at 376393.  So there were 163 wrapping lines of text
> away from the end of the display.  With wraps that's over 300 lines.
> Of course I'm not going to look at 376556 lines of output to figure
> out what's wrong and I'm not likely to see it if it's more than 80
> lines from the end.
>
> SO It would be useful for fink to collect such messages and repeat a
> summary at the end.

General advice: If you run a huge update-all as you did (160 packages to
install or update) and it fails, first run update-all again.

It will probably fail again, but you'll see the error more clearly,
because it starts where the first attempt left off, with all the
successfully installed packages and their now uninteresting output out
of the way.

BTW, 146 out of 160 packages installed before the first hiccup appears
is quite a respectable score.

--
Martin