At 11:42 Uhr -0500 22.11.2002, Colin Davis wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to assist the University of Massachusetts in adding to their
libre software archive, and I think that Fink is a great package to add.
As a recent OSX convert from debian, it find it a tremendously useful
package of software, and I applaud the efforts of the team.

We're running into trouble mirroring it, however. We had originally
followed the instructions on the website, to get a rsync from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/groups/f/fi/fink/ but I checked, and
this hasn't been updated in some time.
After doing a bit of looking, it seems that the Fink team decided to
move off of the webserver, to a dedicated download server last July.

If that is the case, how would I get a rsync mirror of the new location?
What username/password would I use? I created a sourceforge login
(e1ven), to download from the old server. Would I just use the same
login, but point it to a new server?

Is there an updated set of instructions for mirroring Fink?
Nope.

In fact I don't know how you can mirror us currently. The best way to find out would be to file a support request to the SourceForge.net team and ask them. So if you are interested, I'd sugest you do that. If for some reason they need our OK to this (though I don't see why), feel free to drop another mail by with a link to the SR, and one of us can confirm.

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>