FYI, David Morrison and I talked about this some more in #fink, and there is more to think about. 1) is trying to find a way to transition (perhaps /sw/lib/perl/5.6 and /sw/lib/perl/5.8 ?), and 2) is making things clean bootstrap-wise.

There was post from Fred Sanchez with some ideas on doing this also. I don't remember the post, but David was looking for it. If you remember where it's at, or Fred, if you still have it, it would be good to look over as well.

I hadn't realized you had already come up with some ideas on how to handle this when I started looking into it... If there's a good way to transition this, it would be good to do. There's a lot of bugs in 5.6.0, it would be nice to get off of it. :P