Ben> On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 01:22  PM, Jeremy Erwin wrote:

>> Parentheses missing around "my" list at ./fixlib line 4.
>> Useless use of a variable in void context at ./fixlib line 4.

Ben> Is perl 5.8 stricter about this or something?

Ben> I have:
Ben> my $newlibrary, @liblist, $libdir = "/usr/X11R6/lib";

I'd hope so.  That's *always* been broken.  Perhaps the warning
was recently added.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do there.  If you mean:

    my $newlibrary;
    my @liblist;
    my $libdir = "/usr/X11R6/lib";

then you'll have to say that.  No simple addition of parens will help
you.  What you're saying now is the same as leaving the second and
third "my" off, and "use strict" would have caught that.