The code freeze for XFree86 4.3.0 will be any day now. I believe the Mac OS X/Darwin part of the code base is pretty much in final form. Benjamin put together a package in fink unstable which builds something very close to the top of the tree. I would encourage as many people as possible to give it a try. The libraries and clients from this version will be used for Apple's final release of X11 although the X server will not be synced up until after 4.3.0 is out. Please let me know promptly if you find any bugs.

There has been only one bug fix since Benjamin's package was put together: In 16-bit color pixmaps could sometimes appear shifted by 1 pixel from what was intended.

--Torrey