I can do it.  Let me make sure I put down an answer that is useful:

1) The problem only afflicts unstable, correct?
2) The problem is being fixed.
3) Users should start by updating those packages that are complaining.
4) If the update doesn't solve the problem, let the maintainer know.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Max Horn wrote:

> Maybe we can add a FAQ item on the libpng / libpng3 issue. I know we
> are transiting to libpng3 anyway, but for those people in a (semi)
> broken state already it would be nice if they had a way to find out
> what is going on and how to get out of it. Also it would be
> convenient for us: whenever a mail on the topic is receive privately
> or on one of the lists, we could point them to the FAQ.
>

> Max

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213