>> On 9-8-2004 21:56, "Daniel Macks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I just committed a patch to the template for /sw/bin/init.csh:
>>>
>>> -    setenv CLASSPATH `cat BASEPATH/share/java/classpath`
>>> +    setenv CLASSPATH `cat BASEPATH/share/java/classpath`:.
>>>
>>> Could you please try that on your systems (with removal of other
>>> CLASSPATH hacking in your .cshrc aimed at solving this problem)?  If
>>> that solves the problem, we can get this patched version released in a
>>> day or two. Or if this solution is deficient, please let me know so we
>>> can get it fixed.
>
> As I understood the java-dev thread, the problem to be solved was that
> calling init.csh was setting CLASSPATH when it was initially unset,
> and so classes/jars in "." were not being found.

Yes it seems to be.

I got a little more time this morning. I tested a bit.
Indeed if the environment variable "CLASSPATH" is unset, it has the same
effect as if it set to ".". This is distinctively different from having it
set to "".

By examining your patch, this does indeed solve exactly this. You correctly
fixed this line only. Also, I found that if share/java/classpath is empty,
this is not a problem. Having the CLASSPATH set to ":." is the same as
having it set to ".".

Your patch is correct. Thank you! I have not been able to test the file
completely, since I was not able to find which package installs the
BASEPATH/share/java/classpath file.

Sorry if I added some confusion by stating it didn't work for me. I had
little time to investigate, and barely realised it was because I didn't have
a problem in the first place. (I'm only the messenger here).

You are correct not to include /Library/Java/Extensions. This was just an
example to the poster on the java-dev list, not suggested as a fix for fink.

Regards,
Freek

--
Never ask a man what kind of computer he owns. If it's a Mac, he'll tell
you. If not, why embarrass him?