http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/index.php?phpLang=en
But that URL is unreachable for me. A short investigation showed that
none of it's name servers (ns1.middle--earth.org. and
ns2.middle--earth.org.) seem to respond.

Works (at least right now) for me.

traceroute fails for both name servers from my location (Dutch academic
network). Oddly enough in different domains. (resp. at a comcast.net and
a xo.net router). Nothing you can do about it. Let's hope it gets fixed
soon.

Regards,
Freek