On Feb 28, 2006, at 7:15 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:

Chris,
    I had been hoping that X11.app and Rosetta would have been
designed such that the X11 libs would be present in both binary
formats (intel and ppc) so that pre-existing X11 ppc binaries
could be run through Rosetta. That would have really smoothed
the transition.
         Jack

For what it's worth, I just checked on my MacBook and all the libraries and executables in Apple's X11 are universal binaries. Since X Windows uses a client/server architecture and, in fact, you can run a client program on one machine with a server on another machine with a different processor, it SEEMS like this should work. Of course, all libraries a ppc program links to must also be ppc or universal, which is true of all system-provided libraries. I haven't actually tried this though since I have no ppc-only X clients around.

--
Daniel Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]