On Apr 7, 2008, at 7:16 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:
I'm testing a new version of the lpsolve-java package, but it's not validating because it includes a private library without a Shlibs declaration. Obviously, the fix is to add the Shlib declaration, but for some reason it's not working. What I've added looks like this:

Shlibs: !%p/lib/liblpsolve55j.jnilib

But I still get this error with "-m --build-as-nobody":

Error: package contains a dylib with no corresponding Shlibs entry (/ sw/lib/liblpsolve55j.jnilib -> liblpsolve55j.jnilib 5.5.0) If this is a private library, add '!/sw/lib/ liblpsolve55j.jnilib' to the Shlibs field.

I don't see anything wrong with the Shlibs field I added. Have I discovered a bug in Fink?

It is indeed a bug, which I've previously reported. The problem is that the validator is checking the library's install_name but telling you to use the actual pathname in the error message. These are not necessarily the same thing. So basically, fink is telling you to do one thing, but actually wants something else and you have to read its mind (or source code) to know that. :)

Do an 'otool -L /sw/lib/liblpsolve55j.jnilib' to get the install_name (the first listed pathname) and use that for the Shlibs field.

Daniel