It looks like putting -L%b in LDFLAGS solves the problem, since that
occurs in the linker lines before -lruby and -lruby-static, and so %b
gets checked out first.

I've uploaded updated .info and .patch files to my experimental
directory:

http://www.finkdeveloper.net/svn/users/akh/experimental/ruby-update/

The -10.5 version uses the PostInstallScript that Martin sent out
earlier--I decided to leave the 10.4 script as it was.

<snip>