Hi Benjamin,

I thought I'd be writing to ask whether bash 4.0 can be moved to stable
(for Snow Leopard particularly) because it doesn't seem to have any
dependencies in unstable, but when I tried to build it I came across
this on 32-bit 10.6:

gcc -L./builtins -L./lib/readline -L./lib/readline -L./lib/glob
-L./lib/tilde  -L./lib/sh -L/sw/lib    -g -O2 -o bash shell.o eval.o
y.tab.o general.o make_cmd.o print_cmd.o  dispose_cmd.o execute_cmd.o
variables.o copy_cmd.o error.o expr.o flags.o jobs.o subst.o hashcmd.o
hashlib.o mailcheck.o trap.o input.o unwind_prot.o pathexp.o sig.o
test.o version.o alias.o array.o arrayfunc.o assoc.o braces.o
bracecomp.o bashhist.o bashline.o  list.o stringlib.o locale.o findcmd.o
redir.o pcomplete.o pcomplib.o syntax.o xmalloc.o  -lbuiltins -lsh
-lreadline -lhistory -lcurses -lglob -ltilde  -lintl -liconv -lc  -ldl
Undefined symbols:
   "_rl_menu_completion_entry_function", referenced from:
       _rl_menu_completion_entry_function$non_lazy_ptr in bashline.o
   "_rl_completion_invoking_key", referenced from:
       _rl_completion_invoking_key$non_lazy_ptr in pcomplete.o
   "_rl_variable_value", referenced from:
       _command_word_completion_function in bashline.o
       _edit_and_execute_command in bashline.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bash] Error 1
### execution of make failed, exit code 2

Regarding which I found this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/-MacPorts---18621:-Error-with-bash-4.0-build-td22189056.html

Which confused me further because it indicates that this symbol is from
readline 6. It begs the question of how it was building before.

Complete output of the build is here:
http://robertwyatt.info/fink/bash-4.0-3-32bit-10.6.txt