Yup. If anyone disputes the "supply source + patches rather than
patched sources", it's a formal requirment of many standard licenses.

Might want to tweak "Upload the tarball to a site where fink can
download it." statement to clarify that it's a *public* site for other
users (or their finks) not just in-house for Maintainer himself. And
need a "from" or some other preposition, otherwise English majors
everywhere will surely smite you.

In 3.8, should it mor clearly specify "...but not to update self or
other things that could be packaged by normal fink processes"? I could
envision "fink install foo-pm" postinst doing "cpan update Foo" or
somesuch. Maybe just preface with "In limited situations" and/or a
"(must be cleared with -core)"?

dan

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:22:05 -0700, "David R. Morrison"  wrote:
Sounds good to me.

>   -- Dave
>

> On Apr 20, 2011, at 12:16 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org