On Sun, 1 May 2011 20:50:00 -0400, Jack Howarth
  wrote:
    I am open to switching the gcc4x packages to build using
> UseMaxBuildJobs but I have one major complaint about how fink
> currently handles this option. It is really unrealistic to expect
> the users to create this entry in fink.conf on existing installations.
> It would be nice if the next minor fink update could be changed to
> automatically create UseMaxBuildJobs if it doesn't currently
> exist in fink.conf. This would limit the annoyance of users as
> packages are transitioned to UseMaxBuildJobs.
>            Jack
> ps Unless I missed it somehow, fink validate doesn't seem to demand
> a particular fink version for this flag. Should this require a BuildDepends
> on a particular fink release?

It does not affect the results...package *must* build the same
regardless of how many cores user allocates to fink. So there's no
*requirement* that parallel be done at all, so there's no need to
require a fink that supports that optional feature. The time we need a
BDep on a recent fink is if only a recent fink can handle a .info entry
at all *and fails without it* or else builds differently/incorrectly.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org