On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 09:45:05AM -0700, David R. Morrison wrote:
> Jack,
>
> Many of our package maintainers will now be faced with trying to
> maintain a package across several distributions, and in cases where
> there doesn't need to be a difference, the maintenance is easier if the
> foo.info files are identical.

Dave,
   Okay, so we will retain the x86_64 variant naming even on 10.7. Some
thought will have to be given to packages like xmkmf.info which is
currently patched to use llvm-gcc-4.2/llvm-cpp-4.2 at runtime. This is
more appropriate for Lion but if we intend to share that packaging
directly with the other trees the patch should be changed to use
gcc-4.2/cpp-4.2. However that will be a problem for 10.4_EOL.
Sharing the same files across three trees will be a challenge.
                              Jack