On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:56:27PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
>
>> One issue that should be considered when deciding if fink 10.7 will
>> support
>> some form of an upgrade installation option
>
> I haven't been following this too closely, but if there is a separate
> 10.7 .info file tree, then I'm not sure a clean upgrade is possible
> (especially considering what happens when a package hasn't been moved to
> the 10.7 tree).

An unsupported trick exists to do an upgrade but as you mention below that
totally destroys the opportunity for major package cleanups. For example,
the is no clean way to refactor the existing openmpi into a much simplier
form...

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3320182&group_id=17203&atid=414256

with having a clean break at 10.7.
                 Jack