I don't know if this is true, but someone on gmp-bugs claimed Xcode 4.2 will
depreciate out
the Apple gcc-4.2 compiler. If this is true, we should attempt to favor
llvm-gcc-4.2 on 10.7 fink
whenever clang is impossible to use for a package. Unless the problem is
llvm-specific such
that llvm-gcc-4.2 won't work, we should avoid using SetCC/SetCXX and instead
use...

if [[ $(sw_vers -productVersion | cut -d. -f1-2) > 10.6 ]]; then
  export CC=llvm-gcc-4.2
  export CXX=llvm-g++-4.2
fi

This should minimize the potential issues should Xcode 4.2 really ship without
the legacy
Apple gcc-4.2 compilers.
          Jack