our version of dpkg is FAR too old to report upstream, not to mention I’m sure
it is fixed upstream by now.  Check the patch in my PR see if it’s still
needed.  I haven’t had a chance but i’m gonna try it.  I’m pretty sure I have a
test case already in dpkg 1.15.x for gnu vs bad tar at the very least.
---
TS
http://www.southofheaven.org/
Life begins and ends with chaos, live between the chaos!