On Sunday, August 18, 2002, at 05:56 AM, Philip Mötteli wrote:

> Am Sonntag den, 11. August 2002, um 17:15, schrieb Masanori Sekino:
>>> configure: running /bin/ksh './configure'  --prefix=/sw
>>> 'CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp
>>
>> Is your /bin/sh a symlink to /bin/ksh? Or do you have any special
>> setting about /bin/ksh? Currently, fink only supports zsh as /bin/sh and
>> configure script should use /bin/sh.
>
> Interesting, ls gives the following output:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1       root    wheel   449616  Aug  3 04:29    ksh
> -r-xr-xr-x    1       root    wheel   449616  Aug  3 04:28    sh
>
> So ksh and sh have the same size, but are not links.
> So it's probably something in my shell settings?

Something's wrong there, yes, though the sizes correspond exactly to the
regular sh (==zsh, try a ls -l /bin/zsh!). Still, it is possible that zsh
behaves differently when called as "ksh", although I don't understand why
it does not pass the string of arguments properly.
I'd agree that it is probably the best solution to remove that ksh, since
it seems to be a simple copy (you may verify this with cmp beforehand).
Also, if for any reason you need a ksh you can always try fink's pdksh or
ksh93 for the real thing, and if you should absolutely need it in /bin you
can cp it from /sw/bin (though, as Masanori said, this can break some
builds with fink, so you might need to rm it again when compiling, but I
did not have any problems of that kind with pdksh recently...).

HTH,
                                                        Derek